Search Me

Saturday, February 20, 2010

And So It Goes...

Now, I have been quite the lurker on various blogs-Kelly, Raechel, Jenn, Missy, Kaycee, Mrs. Newlywed when she was still available, various others, and I finally felt like it was time. There are so many reasons why I felt like it was time-I love to write, I think I'm absolutely hilarious, I want to be famous, and but mainly because I need to tell someone. What do I need to say?


Well, I'm married.



To someone I've known since July.
To someone I met on craigslist.
To someone I then married in October. In a court house. By a judge wearing a cowboy hat, boots, and a three piece suit.
To someone I never believed could make me happier than I ever imagined.
To someone I have not told my parents about.

Which is awkward, seeing as how I live with my dad.


The boy is in the military, stationed in the outer circle of hell, otherwise known as Texas, and will officially be free from said hell on Feb 2, 2011...so less than a year.


Now, my dad knows about the boy. He's met him, he likes him, he knows we're engaged. He just does't know we're married. See, my parents aren't exactly the touchy-feely-let's plan you're wedding type. They're more the do-what-you-want-it's-your-life-just-don't-cause-us-trouble type.


And I've caused my parents tons of trouble in my short 25 years on Earth. Mainly because I have a daughter.


Who is six.
Who my father has custody of.
Until I get financially stable.
It's not like I'm on drugs or a deadbeat or anything.
I'm just poor and my father is not.
I also used to be incredibly irresponsible.
And also very, very, very depressed.

But I'm not. Anymore.


Ok, now that you have throughly gotten you intrigued and you have judged me and are dying to see where this trainwreck of a life is going, let me assure you that I am currently a happy, successful, fully functioning member of society.


I spend a majority of my day teaching high schoolers the finer points of why France hate England, why the Catholics hate the Protestants, and why everyone hates the Jews. In short, I teach World History.

I am also currently planning the prom to end all proms. Score.


I also enjoy the following things:
Being right.
Popcorn jelly bellies.
Knowing random trivia to win at random bar/board games.
Going green.
Shopping. Lots and lots of shopping.
Being snarky.
Lost.
Being political.
Thinking I'm better than other people.

I also am someone who:
Tends to be very sarcastic.
Spends lots of time planning but not a lot of actual doing.
Is currently in love with life and where its taking her.

I welcome you to:
Read Me.
Like Me.
Love Me.
Hate Me.
Despise Me.

I also welcome you to:
Leave happy comments
Leave sad comments
Leave judgemental comments.
Leave any kind of comment.

Really this blog, all blogs, are blatent self-promotion. And I am all over self-promotion. Besides, this whole ride of "secret newlywed" mess could be a lot of fun.

For you to possibly watch blow up in my face.

But then you would get to laugh for days and say things like, "I knew something like this would happen," or "That's what happens when you keep secrets," and feel very self righteous and good about yourself.

But what if it doesn't?

Then you get to enjoy all my sarcasm and good stories and witty comments.

So, really? It's a win-win.


And like all teachers, I give homework. So, your first assignment is:

I know you've got 8 billion questions about this Secret Marriage Arrangement, so why don't you leave me one? And I'll answer it. And you can judge me. It'll be wicked awesome fun.

3 comments:

  1. Goodness! That's quite a story... so I have to ask - why did you marry someone you had met 3 months prior? Sounds like a romance novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does HIS family know that you're married?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...why is it a secret?

    ReplyDelete